BEST WALKS IN SLOVENIA, 8 days
Enjoyable walking tour to discover the whole diversity of Slovenia. From the Alps to the
vineyards and the Adriatic sea.
- Visit the lively capital city of Ljubljana
- Walk the beautiful trails near lakes Bohinj & Bled
- Enjoy the fantastic views on the highest limestone peaks of the Julian Alps
- Walk along the emerald Soca river and freshen up in its pools and waterfalls
- Explore Velika Planina, one of Europe's biggest mountain pastures
- Be amazed by the underground canyon of Skocjan caves and enjoy the sunset on Adriatic coast
- Experience the authentic and diverse Slovenian cuisine
This hiking tour is designed for everyone who loves nature and easy and pleasant walks. We will enjoy the beautiful Slovenian landscape, tackling trails of low technical difficulty and avoid steep ascents or rugged descents. Join this tour to visit some stunning viewpoints of the Julian Alps, walk by the beautiful lakes and along turquoise rivers, marvel the high limestone peaks, get to know the mysterious underworld of Karst and have a relaxed sunset walk on Adriatic coast.
We will stay a couple of nights in our vibrant capital city of Ljubljana, enchanting alpine town of Bled, Slovenia’s outdoor adventure centre, Bovec and the last night in our costal jewel, Piran. On walking day trips we will discover Slovenia’s natural treasures, get to know the local culture & people, learn about their way of life and taste delicious Slovenian food in authentic surroundings. There will also be enough time for some easy afternoon walks on your own, relaxed private dinners or (window) shopping in the center of Ljubljana.
Maximum number of guests is 16. In case of more than 8 guests we travel around Slovenia with 2 guides in two 8-seater minivans.
Do you like mountains, nature and are fit enough to do easy 4-hour walks? This is your tour in Slovenia! You will love it! :)
For full itinerary write to [email protected]
View BEST WALKS IN SLOVENIA, 8-day walking tour in Slovenia in a larger map
Why choose us?
- Because we are young, enthusiastic, have great local knowledge and we love Slovenia
- We don't work with 'masses'. All groups are small and every tour is unique
- We will show you the highlights as well as Slovenia's hidden treasures
- We are 100% adaptable. Just tell us your wishes!
- Our guests love us. Check our Tripadvisor reviews.
The tour requires basic fitness level. The walks are relatively easy and are designed to enjoy nature & NOT to suffer endless ascents or steep & rugged downhills. We walk around 4 hours per day, covering app. 10 kilometers (6-7 miles) and 300-500 meters (1000-1600 ft) of altitude gain/drop. The tour is designed for everyone who would like to enjoy the amazing Slovenian nature. We start the tour in Ljubljana & finish in Piran.
Last photo by www.park-skocjanske-jame.si
Who are you talking to?
Miha, hiking guide
Miha is the 'motor' of www.slovenia-trips.com and the author of most articles and photos on this website, so it goes without saying that he has an excellent knowledge of Slovenia and its mountains! With him you can arrange day trips or multi-day trekking excursions across the less known corners of Slovenian Alps. His personal favourite are the mountains above Bohinj and the wild summits and hidden waterfalls in Trenta Valley. He is a keen photographer and speaks Slovene, English, German, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian. Miha is a hiking guide licensed by Alpine association of Slovenia.
Contact: [email protected]
Guided walking tour, Slovenia
Best walks in Slovenia
July 4-11, July 19-26,
Aug 3-10, Aug 19-26,
Sept 2-9, Sept 9-16 2020
or on demand
8 days / 7 nights
1340 € per person
Price includes: guiding & organization,
all transports according to the itinerary,
7 nights with B&B, 6 lunches, Skocjan
Caves entrance fee, wine tasting,
max. 16 guests
Start & end of the tour: Ljubljana, Piran
More info on [email protected]
Tel.: + 386 41 296 161